Leigh RTJ400 Router Table Jig
If you own a router table, and have been looking for a top notch dovetail and box joint jig, this could be just what you need! The Leigh RTJ400 takes a completely different approach to cutting fine joinery by eliminating the need to hold and maneuver your router through the fingers of a traditional jig. Not only that, but this jig does not require a dedicated router table, is easy to store and better yet, easy to use!
The Leigh RTJ400 offers you nearly 16” of fast and accurate joint making capacity using Half Blind Dovetails, Through Dovetails and Box Joints/Finger Joints. It makes 5 sizes of Through Dovetails at 2 different pitches, 3 sizes of single pass Half-Blind Dovetails and 4 sizes of Box Joints/Finger Joints. Countless possibilities are realized when you add to the 4 included carbide tipped router bits and e10 guide bushing with the ACRTJ Accessory Kit that includes 9 additional carbide tipped bits, e7 guide bushing and 8mm collet reducer.
This is the first router table jig on the market that features simultaneous vertical and horizontal board clamping. This allows you to rout both your pin board and your tailboard at the same time when making half blind dovetails! Unlike most traditional dovetail jigs, The RTJ400 makes quick work of joining two different board thicknesses, which is common when fitting thicker drawer fronts to thinner drawer sides.
By simply centering your board on the precision CNC machined, aircraft grade aluminum template, and gliding the jig across your router table, you will be able to make all 3 different types of joinery that the RTJ400 is capable of. No matter what your skill level, using the clearly illustrated, step by step user guides, second to none customer support, and online instructional videos, professional results will be at your fingertips!
The beauty of this system is you are able to fine tune the fit of joints by simply dialing in the proper fit using the Patented Leigh Elliptical Guide Bushing. Turning guide bushing in either direction will either loosen or tighten the fit. The only requirement for your router table is that it can accept the industry standard Porter Cable-style universal guide bushing. This is standard equipment on every router mounting plate and router lift we have ever made, as well as most other major name brand makers of plates and lifts. This is easily identifiable as a counter bored step ring where the largest diameter of the hole in the ring is 1-3/8” and the smaller diameter of the hole in the ring is 1-3/16” at a difference in depth from the top of the ring of .100”. It is worth noting that Festool Router Tables and the Bosch RA1181 & RA1171 are not compatible with this system.
- JIG SIZE - Length: 27", Height: 4", Depth: 6", Weight: 11 lbs.
- STANDARD JOINERY CAPABILITY - Through Dovetails (2 Pitches), Half-Blind Dovetails , Single Pass, Rabbeted Half-Blind Dovetails, Box (Finger) Joints, 3/32", 3/16", 3/8" and 3/4", End-on-End Dovetails, Asymmetrical Joints (Through and Half-Blind), Simple Angled Joints
INCLUDED WITH THE RTJ400-
- Jig Template, Machined
- Jig Frame, Machined
- Latches (2) for securing jig frame to template
- Hex Key, 1/8" Ball End
- Cam-Action Speed-Clamps (4)
- Blockers for Through Dovetails
- Stop Rod, 24", for Half-Blind Dovetails
- Sidestops (2) for mounting workpieces
- Bit Depth Gauge, for Half-Blind Dovetails
- Instruction Strips (5) inserted in top of jig
- Bits: 1/2" Diameter, 8° and 14° Dovetail
- Bits: 3/8" Diameter x 1-1/4” Cut Length and 1/2" Diameter x 1-1/4” Cut Length Straight
- Guide Bushing (e10 elliptical eBush)
- Pin Wrench, for eBush adjustment
- User Guide, Fully Illustrated
- Warranty/Registration Card
INCLUDED WITH THE RTJ400 ACCESSORY KIT-
- (4) 8° through dovetail bits: 1/4", 5/16", 3/8" and 7/16" Diameter.
- (1) 5/16” Diameter x 1-1/4” CL Straight Bit.
- (1) 12° x 1/2" Diameter Half-Blind Dovetail Bit
- (1) 18° x 1/2" Diameter Half-Blind Dovetail Bit
- (2) Box Joint Bits: 3/32”Diameter x 3/8” Cut Length and 3/16” Diameter x 5/8” Cut Length
- (1) e7 E-Bushing
- (1) 1/2" to 8mm Collet Reducer
|Country of Manufacture||Canada|