Leigh FMT PRO Mortise and Tenon Jig
With only One Guide, One Bit and One Setup, you can easily make both the mortise and matching tenon! The incredibly strong mortise and tenon joint is the hallmark of fine furniture such as tables, chairs, and cabinetmaking. The FMT Pro is Leigh's premium mortise & tenon jig, bringing professional quality mortise & tenon joinery to any shop and any woodworker. See how easily you can add perfect mortise & tenon joints to your woodworking project with the FMT Pro.
The FMT Pro produces an incredible range of joint sizes and types. You can rout 68 sizes of standard inch joints from 1/16" x 1/8" up to 1/2" x 5" using 21 standard guides and one or two Leigh bits. Custom joint sizes up to 1/2" x 5" can also be achieved. Plus angled mortise and tenon joints are a breeze with this machine. Virtually every plunge router is compatible and does not need to be permanently dedicated to this machine.
Mortise & tenon joints routed on the FMT Pro are remarkably strong and virtually indestructible. This centuries-old joint is the thoroughbred of all woodworking joints and is used in fine furniture and cabinetmaking everywhere. You can easily make tables, chairs, beds, cabinets and many other stunning pieces.
No other mortise & tenon jig offers the incredible range of joinery options possible with the FMT Pro.
SINGLE, DOUBLE-TWIN, DOUBLE-IN-LINE, QUADRUPLE, TRIPLE, ANGLED TENONS, THROUGH TENONS, RAISED THROUGH TENONS, RAIL AND STILE JOINERY, BRIDLE JOINTS – STANDARD, BRIDLE JOINTS – MITERED, FLOATING TENONS, HAUNCHED JOINTS, ASYMMETRIC TENONS, DIFFERENT WORKPIECE THICKNESSES and DOWEL JOINTS.
The FMT Pro is designed for use by woodworkers of all levels. Leigh has made perfect joinery easy in every way, from thorough, step-by-step user guides, bulletins and how-to videos, to personalized customer service, with instant toll-free technical support and a help line.
The FMT Pro routs both the mortise and matching tenon, with just one joint guide, one router bit and one jig setup. The basic concept is simple. The universal sub-base with your mounted router is positioned on the jig table. It has two guide pins projecting from the bottom of the base. The right-hand pin always runs in the track to the right of the bit opening. The left-hand pin steers the router, traveling around the joint guide to rout the tenon, or in the joint guide center slot to rout the mortise.
INCLUDED WITH THE FMT PRO:
• Jig Body, Clamp Plate, Table with guide track
• Universal Sub-base (attaches to virtually any plunge router) Includes router hold-down rods and related hardware
• Outrigger Bars with mounting hardware
• Jig Mounting Hardware
• 1/8" Ball End Hex Screwdriver
• Square Drive Screwdriver
• 5/64" Hex key (for sight adjustment and Festool router attachment
• Five 5/16" Joint Guides and Stand (5/16" x 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1-1/4" and 1-1/2") which can make over 21 sizes of mortise & tenon joints
• Two Cam-action Speed Clamps
• 5/16" (8mm) HSS spiral upcut bit with 1/2" shank
• Centering mandrels, Inch (1/4", 1/2")
• Adjustable Side Stop Fence
• Vacuum Box with hose adaptors for 2-1/2" and 1" hose sizes
• Fully Illustrated User Guide (English)
• 5 Year Warranty/Registration Card
The ACMTC Accessory Kit includes eight 1/4" guides, four 3/8" guides, four 1/2" guides, eight-piece Solid Carbide spiral upcut router bit set along with a wooden storage box. This will increase the number of standard joint making sizes to a whopping 68!
The Leigh FMT PRO is Compatible with the Following Routers. If Your Router is Not Listed Below, Contact Leigh for a Mounting Solution 1-800-663-8932.
- BOSCH - 1611, 1611EVS, 1613, 1613EVS, 1613AEVS, 1614, 1614EVS, 1615, 1615EVS, 1617 Plunge Base, 1619EVS, B1450, B1550, GOF1600, GPF1700ACE, POF1200AE, POF1400ACE
- DEWALT - DW614, DW615, 616 Plunge Base, 618 Plunge Base, DW621, DW621K, DW624, DW625, DW625EK
- ELU - OF97, OF97E, MOF96, MOF96E, MOF131, MOF177, MOF177EK, 3303, 3304, 3337, 3338, 3339
- FEIN- RT1800
- FESTOOL- 900, 1000, 1010, OF1400*, OF2000, OF2000E, OF2200*
- FLEX- OFT2926VV*, OFT3121VV
- FREUD- FT2000, FT2200, FT3000
- HITACHI- TR8, TR12, M8, M12 Series, KM12VC
- HOLZ-HER- 2355, 2356
- JEPSON- 7412
- MAKITA- 3600, 3612, 3612B, 3612BR, 3612C, RP1100*, RP1101*, RP0910*, RP1110C*
- METABO- OFE728, OF1028, OFE1028, OFE1229
- PORTER CABLE (ROCKWELL)- 7538, 7539, 693*, 694*, 890 Series*, 7529*, 8529*
- RYOBI- R150, R151, R500, R501, R502, R600, R601, RE180PL, RE600, RE601
- TREND- T9, T11
- TRITON- TRC001**, MOF 001**
(*attaches directly to Leigh universal sub-base with included screws / **contact Leigh or Leigh distributor for mounting screws)
|Country of Manufacture||Canada|