Tormek T-8 Ultimate System
PLANER BLADE ATTACHMENT – For blades of any length. Blades longer than 10-1/2" (270 mm) are relocated in the blade holder and ground in two steps. The grinding depth can be set within 0.004"(0.1 mm). Min width of blade 1/2" (13 mm).
HAND TOOL KIT INCLUDES:
- KNIFE JIG - The Tormek Knife Jig (SVM-45) is suitable for all kinds of knives; household knives, chef’s knives, hunting and fishing knives. It also works with carver’s draw knives. The jig rests freely on the Universal Support so you can follow the curve of the blade.
- LONG KNIFE JIG - The Tormek Long Knife Jig (SVM-140) has been developed especially for long and flexible knives, e.g. filleting knives. Its larger width, 5-1/2” (140 mm), stabilizes a long and thin blade and the jig copes with blades longer than 6-1/4” (160 mm).
- SMALL KNIFE HOLDER - The Tormek Small Knife Holder (SVM-00) from Tormek can handle those really small knife blades which, up until now, have been difficult to sharpen. Since it is the handle of the knife that is mounted in the Small Knife Holder, there is really no limit to how small a blade you can sharpen. It works in conjunction with the Knife Jig (SVM-45).
- AXE JIG - With the Tormek Axe Jig (SVA-170) you can sharpen your axes to a superior sharpness without the risk of overheating. The axe rests firmly in the jig and is sharpened with a constant edge angle. Suitable for an axe head size of 6-1/2” (170 mm) from blade edge to butt (front to back).
- SCISSOR JIG – On the Tormek Scissor Jig (SVX-150) shears and scissors are mounted in a holder, which supports freely on a support plate so you can follow the individual convex shape of the scissors. Works well on portable electric hand planer blades.
- SHORT TOOL JIG - The patented Tormek Short Tool Jig (SVS-38) is developed for short woodcarving tools, short chisels and tools for power carvers. The jig has two parallel flanges running on both sides of the Universal Support. Flanges ensure a 90° positioning of the tools towards the grindstone.
WOODTURNER KIT INCLUDES:
- UPGRADED GOUGE JIG - With the patented Tormek Gouge Jig (SVD-186) you can sharpen your woodturning gouges to razor sharpness with full control. You get an exact replication of both the shape and edge angle. You can also use it for woodcarving tools, such as curved gouges and V-tools. Used correctly, there is no alternative method that can give you faster or sharper results.
- PROFILED LEATHER HONING WHEEL - For the inside honing and polishing of turning gouges, carving gouges and V-tools. Mounts outside the standard honing wheel.
- MULTI JIG - For an exact replication of the shape on turning skew chisels with a straight or curved edge. Thanks to a unique design the jig also copes with oval section skews. Also for parting tools, beading tools, and roughing gouges. Straight carving gouges up to 2” (50 mm) wide. Max width of skews 1-1/4” (32 mm).
- TOOL REST - For turning scrapers, hollowing tools and thin parting tools. Also for cabinet scrapers, screw drivers and spoke shave blades. Fast and secure locking on the Universal Support due to the patented design, which increases the locking force by 250%.
- MACHINE COVER – Excellent for protecting the machine from shavings and wood dust.
- WOODTURNER’S INSTRUCTION BOX - An 1 hour and 20 minutes comprehensive DVD made by Jeff Farris and a detailed handbook by Torgny Jansson shows how to best work with the Tormek TNT sharpening system.
- TURNING TOOL SETTER -- For instant setting of the geometries on gouges and skews when using the Upgraded Gouge Jig (SVD-186) and the Multi Jig (SVS-50). Includes built in edge geometries. Works on any stone diameter.
|Country of Manufacture||Sweden|