Delmhorst JX-20 Digital Wood Meter
The Delmhorst JX-20 Digital Wood Meter brings woodworking professionals a more professional-grade, accurate, and versatile tool to measure and address moisture. Featuring correction for up to 74 wood species, temperature correction, a large custom display, and a measuring range of 6% to 60%.
With the Delmhorst JX-20 Digital Wood Meter, woodworkers have complete confidence in making only the highest quality product.
- Large, custom display with auto backlight – easy to ready under all conditions
- MC Range – 6%-60% Wood (Douglas Fir)
- Species - 74 included
- Wood temperature correction (°F/°C)
- Pins/electrode correction (insulated or non-insulated)
- Alarm set point - alerts to user-selected MC level
- On-screen statistics – High, Low, Average, Standard Deviation, View all readings
- Internal calibration check
- “Low Batt” warning with audio
- Auto off timer. Set to 1m, 4m or 10m
- Integral contact pins max 5/16” penetration (use 2498/A-100)
- Compatible with any Delmhorst external electrode.
- Color-coded LED’s
- Power – 2x AA batteries – Alkaline Energizer (Included)
- QR code on meter for easy access to support materials
- Size: meter only - 8.65in (2.2mm) x 2.85in (72mm) x 1.55in (39mm); in carry case - 9.5in (241mm) x 6.5in (165mm) x 2.5in (64mm)
- Weight: meter only - 0.4.5oz (1.3g); in carry case - 18oz (510g)
- Sturdy plastic carrying case – (Included)
- 2-year warranty on manufacturer’s defects. Bonus extended warranty with on-line registration.
An alternate to the 496 pin for the 26-ES, the 1849 is a 1-1/2” insulated pin with 1/2" penetration. The 1849 is suitable for wood up to 2" thick.
Uninsulated pin and retainer with 5/16" penetration. Standard on all meters with built-in pins. Used on wood up to 6/4 (1-1/2”), concrete and gypsum.
Non-insulated pin and retainer with 5/16" penetration. Standard on the JX series meters with built-in pins. May also be used with the 2-E and 4-E electrodes. (Not for use with the 2000 series) Use on wood up to 6/4 (1-1/2”), drywall and masonry.
496 contact pins are insulated except at the tips, and measure 2" overall with 1-1/8" penetration. Standard on the 26-ES, and can be used to check wood up to 5" thick.
22-E Electrode for 7/16” Pins
Comes with A-111 uninsulated contact pins for 7/16" penetration. For use on plaster, masonry, and wood. Will also accept 496, insulated pins; 1-1/16” penetration.
26-ES Slide Hammer Electrode
Easily check high density hardwood that short pins are unable to penetrate. The 496 contact pins that come with the 26-ES penetrate 1-1/8” and have insulated shanks so that only the tips are exposed. The pins make contact only at their uncoated tips and provide much more accurate readings of moisture content at various levels of penetration. This feature is useful for a variety of different applications.
Delmhorst—a market leader since 1946.
Delmhorst Instrument Co. has built a reputation for designing, manufacturing, and marketing the highest quality moisture meters available on the market—right here in the USA!
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
WARNING: Wood Dust created by Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection.