The Tormek T-8 is designed for the toughest work and can run continuously without overheating. You can sharpen practically all common edge tools to a perfect edge. The Tormek Original Grindstone sharpens all qualities of steel including HSS. The maintenance free industrial quality motor with ball bearings, maintains a constant speed even under full load. The T-8 is the best option when sharpening planer blades in the SVH-320 attachment and moulding knives in the SVP-80 attachment. The T-8 is also the most suitable for turning tools and other demanding tools, since its bigger motor and grindstone can cope with a higher grinding pressure. Tormek is so confident in this machine that it comes with a 7 year warranty, for home or commercial use. When you register your machine you receive an additional 3 year warranty!
Included with the Tormek T-8 are the following necessities:
- Upgraded Square Edge Jig - For plane irons and wood chisels. Max tool width 3” (77 mm), max tool thickness 3/8” (9 mm). Safety stops prevent the tool from slipping off the stone.
- Angle Master - This patented AngleMaster has two functions: You can use it to set the jig to the grindstone so that it grinds your tool to any desired edge angle from 10° to 75° and you can use it to measure an existing edge angle on a tool.
- Truing Tool - Trues the grindstone exactly round and flat. Guided by the Universal Support, which also guides the jigs. Dual knobs for smooth feed across the stone.
- Stone Grader - The fine side grades the stone for a 1000 grit finish. The coarse side of the grader reverses the stone to normal fast grinding. Activates a glazed stone.
- Leather Honing Wheel - After sharpening, you hone away the burr and polish the bevel to the finest edge on the leather honing wheel. Leather honing wheel oil is included.
- Universal Support with acme thread - Round section without flat machining makes it faster to change position.
- Micro Adjust with scale - For a predetermined cutting depth when using the TT-5Stainless steel main shaft 0 Truing Tool. Prevents rust and wear on bearings. With Tormek EzyLock you need no tools for mounting and dismounting the stone.
- NVR Switch - Providing safety in the event of an interruption of power.
- Water Chute for Long Tools - For long tools that drip water over the edge of the lip (like chef’s knives and planer blades), you can use the water chute. Set the widest edge of the chute onto the tab in the middle of the lip of the trough and the water chute will direct the water back into the trough from even the longest tools.
- Removable Magnetic Scraper Cleans the Stone of Steel Particles - The water trough incorporates a strong magnet, which attracts the steel particles worn from the tools being sharpened. This keeps your stone clean and cutting more freely.
- Sharpening Handbook, Instructional DVD and Honing Compound are included.
- Additional Information
Country of Manufacture Sweden UPC No Manual No
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Tormek T-8 Hand Tool System - Free Ground Shipping on this product (U.S. 48 contiguous states only).
Regular Price: $953.00
Special Price $920.00
Tormek T-8 Woodturner System - Free Ground Shipping on this product (U.S. 48 contiguous states only).
Regular Price: $1,078.00
Special Price $1,040.00
Regular Price: $1,551.00
Special Price $1,399.00