POINT TO POINT MK2
The New Point 2 Point™ MK2 takes the hassle out of marking out jobs that need equal spacing, ideal for those of us whose eye instantly settles on an out of place screw head. The Point 2 Point™ saves a good deal of discomfort and time spent with a calculator, tape measure and note pad. Finding the perfect sequence and spacing for a row of coat hooks, screws, nails or dowels is quick and easy!
- Equal Spacing Layout: Any finished job that leaves an exposed run
of screw heads, nails, or even coat hooks can be a hassle to space
equally. If you don't take the time to space them accurately, the only
thing you'll notice is the screw head that's out of sync. The P2P Mk2
works out the correct number and position of a run quickly
and accurately. The 7 integral uprights built onto the Point 2 Point™
mechanism expand equally to give 7 accurate marking points. If it's
worth doing it's worth doing properly.
- Center Point Finder: Where's the middle? How many times do you
just want to find the center of a board. The central upright of the new
Point 2 Point™ mk2 instantly centers itself on boards up to 2-1/2 ft in
- Layout Transfers: The key to successfully edge jointing panels with
dowels or flat dowels (biscuits) is a consistently repeatable dowel
position. Set the Point to Point™ mechanism up to 5'' between points
and lock in the precise setting. Then the layout markings can be
transferred from board to board as many times as is required.
- Calculating the maximum number of subdivisions: Minimizing
wastage on a solid wood project can save a considerable amount of
money. That starts with maximizing the size and number of
components that can be extracted from each board at the start of a
project. Using the Point 2 Point™ gives an excellent visual guide when
marking out prior to rough sawing.
- NEW Mechanism design: In order to improve the performance
of the new Point 2 Point™, it's now manufactured using higher
tolerances - reducing play and increasing overall accuracy.
- NEW Increased extension range: The new Point 2 Point™ Mk2
boasts a new maximum extension of 2 1/2'. A full 25% more than its
- NEW More Robust Uprights and Cross Members: The
components that make up the new mk2 mechanism are 50%
thicker than the original. Making it considerably more robust and
- NEW Larger Pinch Bolts: Rather than having to tighten 4
pinch bolts to lock in a setting on the original Mk1, the Mk2 has just
2 Pinch bolts. They're much larger, more ergonomic and quicker
- NEW Nylon Bushings: The original pivot points on the Mk1 were
bushingless (metal on metal). The Mk2 assembly has 0.5mm nylon
bushes fitted to 19 pivot points, making the scissor action smoother
and improving accuracy at the same time.
- NEW More accurate: The Point 2 Point™ Mk2 is genuinely an
entirely new product. It's new form has in part been shaped by
suggestions, ideas and feedback from end users around the world.
Hints and Tips:
- For Right and Left handed users - Always have the "Upright cut out"
facing the pencil holding hand. If it's not, rotate the Point 2 Point™
- For consistent results always expand the mechanism close to its
maximum width before closing the mechanism down to the setting
- Due to the slight but necessary play within the mechanism The Point 2
Point is not suitable for marking out small high tolerance joints such as
dovetails and finger joints.
- When possible use the Point 2 Point on a flat surface.
- Always ensure both Pinch bolts are loose before expanding the